Protocol AgreementThe Inauguration of the MOC, the Signing of the Protocol Agreement and the Unveiling of the Logo as well as the Mascot took place in Port Harcourt on February 4, 2010.
- The following activities have so far been carried out by the MOC Secretariat:
- Acquisition of a temporary office at the Federal Secretariat;
- Circulation of the list of the 25 sports that will feature in the festival to all the States and FCT;
- Letters have been written and despatched to States, inviting them to indicate interest to participate in the 17th NSF; so far ----- States have indicated interest to participate in the Festival
- The budget for the festival has been prepared
- The festival action plan and time line has also been prepared
- Adverts calling on Accreditations to indicate interest in bidding for the hosting rights of the 2016 NSF have been placed
- Arrangements have been concluded for the MOC Secretariat to meet with the Secretaries of the 25 Federations whose sports will feature at the 17th NSF to draw up a list of the events for each of the sports. The MOC Secretariat will also use the opportunity to interact with the LOC with a view to ascertaining the programmes of the LOC towards the actualisation of the November 2010 date for the Festival. Facilities will be inspected during the course of the meeting in Port Harcourt
- Arrangements are on towards the Inauguration of the Sub-Committees of the MOC and Liaison Officers on the 4th of May, 2010.